A great opportunity for anyone interested in wildlife policy in Wales.
WALES BIODIVERSITY PARTNERSHIP SUPPORT TEAM
£24,762p.a. Job location – Cardiff.
Deadline for applications November 29th 2013 – Interviews Jan 9th 2014
To download a job application pack click here
This is a full time position until 31 March 2015
This job helps to conserve, restore and connect Wales’ ecosystems and integral biodiversity, so that everyone can enjoy, value and benefit from it. You will do this by supporting the work of the Wales Biodiversity Partnership (WBP). You will work as part of the WBP Support Team, supporting the work of government, organisations, and partnerships involved in biodiversity conservation.
· Have an environmental degree
· Experience of working in the environmental field
· Experience of working in partnership with a range of organisations
· A good understanding of current biodiversity legislation and policy in Wales and how this is implemented
· A good understanding of the changes currently underway regarding environmental policy in Wales including the promotion of the Ecosystem Approach.
· Working knowledge of local biodiversity action plan partnerships and the Wales Biodiversity Partnership groups (including the Ecosystem, Species Expert and Invasive Non-native Species groups).
· Working knowledge of Welsh species and habitats and the wider value of beneficial management.
· Understanding of networking processes (e.g. sharing information and seeking consensus)
· Knowledge of the Welsh Language.
Secondments will be considered, subject to your organisation’s agreement.
Contact Wildlife Trusts Wales on 029 2048 0070 or email email@example.com for an application pack.